Commercial Aerospace Components
ToughMet alloy provides high strength, durability and stability under extreme loads and the wide range of temperature experienced during flights. Resists galling, corrosion and wear.
- Landing gear
- Wheels and brakes
- Control surface and actuator bushings and bearings
- Compression fit airframe fasteners
- Connectors in electronic systems
Heavy Equipment Linkage Bushings
ToughMet alloy supports heavier loads and increases equipment uptime in high pressure, low speed applications. Resists wear and corrosion by debris. It is anti-galling and allows heavy edge loading.
- Mining shovel and dragline undercarriage bearings
- Large excavator bucket bushings
- Continuous miners
- Extrusion press plates
- Marine prop shaft bushings
Oil and Gas Equipment Components
ToughMet has attributes beyond those found in high-strength copper alloys used in high temperature, high pressure regimes. It resists corrosion, erosion and wear.
- MWD, LWD, directional drilling tools
- Drill bit bearings
- Well-head control and manifold systems
- Landing systems
- ROV systems
High Performance Power Train Bushings
ToughMet alloy provides longer life in higher speed, lower pressure applications. Eliminates galling and has high static and fatigue strength. Highly machinable. Low friction allows for cold starts.
- Racing valve guides and seats
- Gear box thrust washers
- Engine and generator bearings
- Valve spring retainers
- Camshaft bearings
The properties of Materion Performance Alloys’ high-strength, copper-nickel-tin ToughMet® alloys provide many advantages in demanding end-use applications that range from aerospace bearings to heavy equipment linkage bushings to oil and gas equipment components and industrial power train bushings.